|Why There May Be Toxins|
Toxins are a tricky subject. Many people discuss them without knowing exactly what they are or what they do. Unfortunately, some of the things that we fill our homes with are full of toxic chemicals. Over time, exposure to those things can unknowingly contribute to making you and your loved ones sick. We’ve outlined some of the most common factors in your home that can lead to toxic build up. Use this as a guide when you purchase products for your family and you’ll have a jumpstart towards keeping everyone healthy.
What Are Toxins?
The concept of toxins can be fairly broad, so before we start discussing them at length, it’s best to start on the same page. At their most broad definition, toxins are classified as any chemicals, whether plant or animal based, that can make humans sick.
In particular, when discussing toxins in your home, most often it is in regards to Sick Building Syndrome (SBS), which a study by the National Institute of Heath has classified as “acute health- or comfort-related effects that seem to be linked directly to the time spent in the building.” Though the symptoms of SBS vary from person to person and can include anything from sore throat to runny nose and itchy eyes, there is one unifying factor. They are recurring and usually worsen after an hour or two spent in the building.